Frances Perry House is on the corner of Flemington Road and Grattan Street in Parkville (Melways 2B, A7).
Wheelchair access is available at the hospital’s main entrance (Grattan Street) and the emergency entrance (Flemington Rd).
- Tram 19 - North Coburg to Elizabeth Street, stops at the corner of Royal Parade and Grattan Street
- Tram 55 - West Coburg to Flagstaff Station, stops at the corner of Grattan Street and Flemington Road
- Tram 59 - Airport West to Elizabeth Street, stops at the corner of Grattan Street and Flemington Road
- Bus 402 – East Melbourne to Footscray, stops on Grattan Street outside Royal Melbourne Hospital
- Bus 402 - Footscray to East Melbourne passes the hospital on Grattan Street
- Bus 203 - Port Melbourne to Bulleen via the city, travels along Lygon Street, several blocks from the hospital
- Bus 546 - Heidelberg to Melbourne University, travels along Swanston Street, several blocks from the hospital
- Bus 205 - Doncaster via Kew Junction and Melbourne University, travels along Swanston Street, several blocks from the hospital
Underground car parking is available at the Royal Women's Hospital main building, accessed from the Flemington Rd car park entrance.
There are dedicated spaces for visitors and patients and a small number of short-term (30 minute) parking spaces for pick-up and drop-off only at the Lower Ground Level, also off Flemington Rd.
There are a number of parking bays set aside for disabled visitors and patients on level B1. There is also a small area for pick-up and drop-off at the Lower Ground entrance.
For car park fees and hours of operation, go to Wilson Parking.
Limited street meter parking is available in streets surrounding the hospital.
FACILITIES & AMENITIES
A retail precinct, conveniently located on the ground level of the hospital, offers convenience and choice for patients, visitors and staff.
Flowers for Everyone creates wonderful fresh flower and gift arrangements to suit all occasions. The florist is located on the ground level, near the Grattan St main entrance.
Telephone and website orders are welcome. Only patient name details are required (not room numbers) for the prompt delivery of flowers within the Women's.
(03) 9347 7699 or +61 3 9347 7699
- Monday to Friday : 8:00am to 8:30pm
- Saturday : 9.00am to 8.00pm
- Sunday & Public Holidays : 10:00am to 8:00pm
Retail pharmacy (chemist)
The HealthSmart (retail) pharmacy offers a wide variety of toiletries, first aid basics, cosmetics, and items for new mothers and newborns, including breast pumps (for sale and hire), as well as a selection of children's gifts. The pharmacy is also able to dispense prescriptions.
Chocolate & sweets
The Chocolate Box offers a wide range of traditional and luxurious chocolates, jellies, nut assortments and hampers. Telephone orders are welcome.
The convenience store stocks magazines, daily newspapers, greeting cards, stationery, basic groceries, drinks, biscuits, ice-creams, toiletries and a selection of gifts.
Fashion & gifts
The Regina Boutique stocks fashion apparel for men and women as well as a selection of accessories, jewellery and baby clothes.
Meals & snacks
Zouki Cafe provides a range of meals, drinks, snacks and coffee in a large seating area.
Isabella Cafe offers a full menu as well as coffee and snacks in a quieter, more intimate environment.
Hair & beauty
ID Salon offers you the full range of hair and beauty services including hair cuts, styling, colouring as well as facials, massages, manicures, pedicures, waxing and tanning. Stylists and technicians are able to provide some services in patient rooms. The salon also stocks the Safety 1St range of Brush and Comb Sets, Cradle Cap Care and Grooming Kits designed for babies and infants, and natural and organic skin care and gifts for newborns and new and expecting mothers.
The Commonwealth Bank has a branch and two ATM outlets.
Australia Post has a retail outlet providing the standard postal services including applications for passports. There is a post box just outside the outlet.
Smoking is not permitted within the Hospital or within 4 metres of the entrance and exit doors.