For Visitors: Public Transport
Transport & Parking
The new Frances Perry House is on the corner of Flemington Road and Grattan Street in Parkville (Melways 2B, A7).
Wheelchair access is available at the hospital’s main entrance (Grattan Street) and the emergency entrance (Flemington Rd).
- Tram 19 - North Coburg to Elizabeth Street, stops at the corner of Royal Parade and Grattan Street
- Tram 55 - West Coburg to Flagstaff Station, stops at the corner of Grattan Street and Flemington Road
- Tram 59 - Airport West to Elizabeth Street, stops at the corner of Grattan Street and Flemington Road
- Bus 402 – East Melbourne to Footscray, stops on Grattan Street outside Royal Melbourne Hospital
- Bus 402 - Footscray to East Melbourne passes the hospital on Grattan Street
- Bus 203 - Port Melbourne to Bulleen via the city, travels along Lygon Street, several blocks from the hospital
- Bus 546 - Heidelberg to Melbourne University, travels along Swanston Street, several blocks from the hospital
- Bus 205 - Doncaster via Kew Junction and Melbourne University, travels along Swanston Street, several blocks from the hospital
facilities & amenities
A broad array of cafes, restaurants and retailers are also located in and around the popular Lygon Street shopping strip a 10 minute walk from the hospital.
Flowers for Everyone creates wonderful fresh flower and gift arrangements to suit all occasions. The florist is located on the ground level, near the Grattan St main entrance.
Telephone and website orders are welcome. Only patient name details are required (not room numbers) for the prompt delivery of flowers within the Women's.
Tel: (03) 9347 7699 or +61 3 9347 7699
Monday to Friday 8:00am to 8:30pm
Saturday 9.00am to 8.00pm
Sunday & Public Holidays 10:00am to 8:00pm
Gift shop & newsagency
The gift shop offers a broad range of products ranging from newborn hampers and baby toys through to popular magazines and daily newspapers.
The shop also stocks a range of popular essentials including baby needs, postage stamps, pantyhose, gift cards and toiletries.
Located on Ground Level, near the Grattan St entrance.
Monday to Friday 8:00am to 8.00pm
Saturday & Sunday 11:30am to 7.30pm
Coffee shop & snacks
The Coffee Box provides a range of light meals, drinks and snacks and the world's best coffee. Located on lower ground level, near the Flemington Rd emergency entrance.
Monday to Friday 8:00am to 6:00pm
Banking (24hr ATM)
An ATM is located on ground level, near the Grattan Street entrance. A number of other ATMs and bank branches are located in nearby Lygon Street, Carlton.
There is also a florist located on the ground floor – opening hours – weekends.
Smoking is not permitted within the Hospital or within 4 metres of the entrance and exit doors.