Baby Safe Program
If you would like more information on any of these classes please call (03) 9344 5281 or email your query to firstname.lastname@example.org
The class will be held at 55 Flemington Road, Parkville in Suite 213 on the second floor. Light refreshments will be provided.
There is a cost applicable per class. This is payable on attending the class. Payments may be made by credit card, cash, direct debit or eftpos.
|SESSION TOPICS (all classes incur charges)
Innovative New Childbirth Education Class
2hr Education session facilitated by Dr Rosemarie Boland. Rose is a newborn educator, neonatal intensive care nurse and midwife with over 30 years' experience. She specialises in providing first aid training for expectant parents.
Baby Safe Program: 0-6 month infants
Topics covered in this two-hour program will include:
- Safe sleep environment
- Safe wrapping
- Recognising signs of an unwell baby
- Seeking professional help: who, where and when
- Managing illness in the first few months after birth: fever, croup, and bronchiolitis.
- Baby CPR (including management of apnoea)
- Preventing drowning
Practical component with Baby Anne training dolls
- How to take a baby’s temperature and interpret the results
- Safe wrapping for sleep and to promote normal hip development
- Baby CPR (cardio-pulmonary resuscitation- also known as mouth-to-mouth and nose, and chest compressions)
- Management of a choking baby
Cost: $55 per person
Payment can be made by cash, direct debit, EFTPOS, Visa or MasterCard, on the day of your class.
Take home resources:
All participants will receive take-home Baby Safety resources including:
- CPR instruction magnet
- Choking instruction magnet
- Recognizing signs of an unwell baby information sheet
- SIDS and KIDS safe sleep brochure
- Recommended APPS for download for a range of Baby Safety resources.
- Recommended web-based resources.
What to expect and what to bring:
The class will run for approximately 2 hours. All equipment is provided. You may wish to bring a notebook and pen to take down additional notes.
Health Fund Rebates:
We are not able to offer Health Fund rebates for this program at this time.
Book online via Frances Perry website
Phone: 0413 940 294 – Dr Rosemarie Boland
Professional care for newborn babies
Peace of mind for parents