Our Hospital: Frances Perry House History
Frances Perry House History
Frances Perry was the wife of the first Anglican Bishop of Melbourne. From 1856 to 1876, Mrs Perry was the President of the Royal Women's Hospital. Frances Perry House first opened in 1970 as the Private Wing of the Royal Women's Hospital. In 1997 Health Care of Australia was awarded the tender to redevelop, lease and operate Frances Perry House as an independent private hospital, co-located with the Royal Women's Hospital. In 2005 Frances Perry House became part of Ramsay Health Care family.
We are a warm and friendly hospital which continually strives to provide a high quality and consistent service to the patients in our community. This is underpinned by the caring values of its outstanding staff.
Frances Perry House is owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care - a publicly listed company. Ramsay Health Care is the largest and most respected private hospital operator in the country. Ramsay Health Care has a high quality portfolio of hospitals and an excellent record in hospital management and patient care, features that combine to attract Australia's leading practitioners.