Baby Safe Program
The class venue will be confirmed on booking. Light refreshments will be provided.
There is a cost applicable per class. This is payable on attending the class. Payments may be made by credit card, cash, direct debit or eftpos.
|SESSION TOPICS (all classes incur charges)
Innovative New Childbirth Education Class
2hr Education session facilitated by Dr Rosemarie Boland. Rose is a newborn educator, neonatal intensive care nurse and midwife with over 30 years' experience. She specialises in providing first aid training for expectant parents.
Baby Safe Program: 0-6 month infants
Topics covered in this two-hour program will include:
- Safe sleep environment
- Safe wrapping
- Recognising signs of an unwell baby
- Seeking professional help: who, where and when
- Managing illness in the first few months after birth: fever, croup, and bronchiolitis.
- Baby CPR (including management of apnoea)
- Preventing drowning
Practical component with Baby Anne training dolls
- How to take a baby’s temperature and interpret the results
- Safe wrapping for sleep and to promote normal hip development
- Baby CPR (cardio-pulmonary resuscitation- also known as mouth-to-mouth and nose, and chest compressions)
- Management of a choking baby
Cost: $55 per person
Book online via the Link below
Take home resources:
All participants will receive take-home Baby Safety resources including:
- CPR instruction magnet
- Choking instruction magnet
- Recognizing signs of an unwell baby information sheet
- SIDS and KIDS safe sleep brochure
- Recommended APPS for download for a range of Baby Safety resources.
- Recommended web-based resources.
What to expect and what to bring:
The class will run for approximately 2 hours. All equipment is provided. You may wish to bring a notebook and pen to take down additional notes.
Health Fund Rebates:
We are not able to offer Health Fund rebates for this program at this time.
Phone: 0413 940 294 – Dr Rosemarie Boland
Professional care for newborn babies
Peace of mind for parents
If you would like more information on any of these classes please call (03) 9344 5281 or email your query to firstname.lastname@example.org