Why Frances Perry House
Our supportive, caring, and professional team, combined with our state-of-the-art birthing suites and amenities, provide you with a warm and nurturing environment to welcome your new baby into the world.
Located within Melbourne’s CBD, we have the unique advantage of being co-located with the Royal Women’s Hospital. This allows us to provide our patients with the highest standard of private hospital care, while having the on-site support of tertiary level facilities within the Royal Women’s Hospital.
Experience the little luxuries that matter
- A guaranteed private room with large windows and ensuite
- Choose from a range of Melbourne’s most renowned and experienced obstetricians
- Onsite specialist obstetrician consulting rooms
- Around the clock support from an experienced and friendly midwifery team
- 6 well equipped birthing suites with access to ensuite, deep bath and a range of therapeutic birth tools
- Overnight stay option for partners
- Comprehensive antenatal, childbirth & parenting classes
- Breast and infant feeding support
- Post-natal physiotherapy
- Delicious menu options made from high quality and fresh produce
- A spacious courtyard for quiet time with friends and family
Providing a positive patient-centred approach, we work with Melbourne’s most highly sought-after obstetricians and gynaecologists. Our specialists are all experienced and many have special interests in multiple births, infertility and high-risk pregnancies.
A one key benefit of choosing private maternity care is the ability to choose your own specialist obstetrician. You will have the opportunity to meet with your chosen obstetrician at regular intervals from pre-conception, pregnancy, birth and once your baby is born. Click here to view our specialists.
The specialist medical care delivered at Frances Perry House is further strengthened by the close working relationship between our dedicated medical, surgical and midwifery team members.
Should a higher level of care become necessary, our maternity unit is supported by:
- 24/7 access to tertiary level facilities within the co-located Royal Women’s Hospital
- On-call Obstetric, Anaesthetics & Paediatric cover
- Level 4 Special Care Nursery
A personalised experience like no other
We understand the pregnancy and birthing journey can be challenging and involves many decisions along the way. We are here to help guide you and can assist with any questions regarding your hospital stay, tours, childbirth and parenting programs and other support services. Our Patient Experience Coordinator Lama is your point of contact for all maternity queries. Feel free to contact her via firstname.lastname@example.org
Our maternity unit
Our maternity unit consists of 6 birthing suites, private maternity rooms and a Level 4 Special Care Nursery.
All of the birth suites at Frances Perry House are spacious, ensuring that you have enough room for you, and you’re supported while in labour.
Each birth suite includes
- Large ensuite with bath
- Multi-functional birthing beds
- Therapeutic comfort tools, including birth balls, heat packs, electronic vaporisers and Bluetooth speakers so that you can play music of your choice.
- Recliner chair for comfort of your support person
- Television and Telephone
Our Special Care Nursery is a Level 4 Facility. You have the extra peace of mind of knowing that we can care for babies who are born prematurely (from 31 weeks), are experiencing issues or have been in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. Within the unit there are cot-side recliners for a cuddle or rest time, parent quiet-time room, breast milk room and custom baby bathing facilities.
For more information, download the Frances Perry House Special Care Nursery overview.
All of our Maternity rooms offer private accommodation with large windows providing natural light, an ensuite and custom built-in baby change and bathing facilities. Your partner is welcome to stay with you at an additional cost.
Our Maternity Care Centre, located just around the corner from Frances Perry House, is an outpatient service developed to provide you and your baby with additional care throughout your pregnancy and up to six weeks post birth. Find out more here.