Why Frances Perry House
Our supportive, caring, and professional team, combined with our state-of-the-art birthing suites and amenities, provide you with a warm and nurturing environment to welcome your new baby into the world.
Located within Melbourne’s CBD, we have the unique advantage of being co-located with the Royal Women’s Hospital. This allows us to provide our patients with the highest standard of private hospital care, while having the on-site support of tertiary level facilities within the Royal Women’s Hospital.
When you choose Frances Perry House Maternity, you have access to:
- a guaranteed private room with large windows and ensuite
- a range of Melbourne’s most renowned and experienced obstetricians
- onsite specialist obstetrician consulting rooms
- around the clock support from an experienced and friendly midwifery team and Know My Midwife program option.
- 6 well equipped birthing suites with access to ensuite and deep bath
- complimentary partner overnight stay option
- comprehensive antenatal, childbirth & parenting classes
- breast and infant feeding support
- post-natal physiotherapy
- delicious menu options utilising high quality and fresh produce
- a spacious courtyard for quiet time with friends and family
- the luxurious Grand Hyatt Parenting Program
- an exclusive Babymoon offer
Providing a positive patient-centred approach, we work with Melbourne’s most highly sought-after obstetricians and gynaecologists. Our specialists are all experienced and many have special interests in multiple births, infertility and high-risk pregnancies. The specialist medical care delivered at Frances Perry House is further strengthened by the close working relationship between our dedicated medical, surgical and midwifery team members. Click here to view our specialists.
Should a higher level of care become necessary, our maternity unit is supported by:
- 24/7 access to tertiary level facilities within the Royal Women’s Hospital
- On-call Obstetric, Anaesthetics & Paediatric cover
- Level 2 Special Care Nursery
A personalised experience like no other
We understand the pregnancy and birthing journey can be challenging and involves many decisions along the way. Our Maternity Liaison Officer Jayne is here to help guide you. Jayne is your point of contact for general information and can assist with any questions regarding your hospital stay, tours, childbirth and parenting programs and other support services. Feel free to contact Jayne via firstname.lastname@example.org
Our maternity unit
Our maternity unit consists of 6 birthing suites, private maternity rooms and a Level 2 Special Care Nursery.
All of the birth suites at Frances Perry House are spacious, ensuring that you have enough room for you, and you’re supported while in labour.
Each birth suite includes
- Large ensuite with bath
- Multi-functional birthing beds
- Therapeutic comfort tools, including birth balls, heat packs, electronic vaporisers and Bluetooth speakers so that you can play music of your choice.
- Recliner chair for comfort of your support person
- Television and Telephone
Our Special Care Nursery is a Level 2 Facility, meaning that we can accommodate babies born from 32 weeks or who were born earlier than this and have reached key milestones. Our Special Care Nursery is a spacious and modern, self-contained, secure department well equipped to care for your baby. We have a parents room, breast milk room and baby bathing facilities within the unit.
For more information, download the Frances Perry House Special Care Nursery overview.
All of our Maternity rooms offer private accommodation with large windows providing natural light, an ensuite and custom built-in baby change and bathing facilities.
Our Maternity Care Centre, located just around the corner from Frances Perry House, is an outpatient service developed to provide you and your baby with additional care throughout your pregnancy and up to six weeks post birth. Find out more here.